Thursday, September 1, 2011

Butchy's Libation Lessons: Patron Storage and Transport

My pseudo-mother recently moved to rural eastern Kentucky to a quaint little place with no cell phone signal.  Earlier in the week, while in an area with cell signal, she sent a text asking me if I'd drive over to her Lexington house to put her garbage on the curb in time for trash collection today.  I did as I was asked, and while I was there this evening to put her trash receptacle back into her garage, I decided to see what, if anything, she had left in her refrigerator.

I discovered that she had left behind half a bottle of Patron, which she always stores in the freezer.  I made the executive decision to commandeer her Patron, as I could not text her to get permission.  I sat the bottle of Patron in the floor of the front passengers seat of my car and started driving home.

As I began looking over my left shoulder to merge onto New Circle Road, I heard a faint gunshot-esque sound to my right.  I quickly looked over to see the cork in the top of the bottle of Patron flying into the air.  I drove the rest of the way home, slightly shaken, with an open bottle of tequila in the floor.

So, here's today's libation lesson:

Patron stored in freezer + automobile with an internal temperature of 99 degrees = cork explosion

Remember to drive responsibly.

Contents under pressure

No comments:

Post a Comment