Monday, January 16, 2012

Goblin Hands

I have a thing for hands.  They're one of the first features I notice on a person, which may be why I've recently noticed that Dolly Parton is trying hard to hide her goblin hands from public view.

What are goblin hands, you ask?  Our hands age.  As we get old, our hands get bigger, wrinkle and develop age spots.  For most folks, this normal hand aging is barely noticeable, as the aged hands match the person's aged face and body.  But, women who nip and tuck the age and wrinkles from the rest of their faces and bodies are often left with aged hands, that, in comparison to their otherwise surgically taut skin, look like goblin hands.  I assume it's difficult if not impossible to give hands a proper skin-tightening lift without leaving a person's hands completely immobile. 

So what's a heavily nipped and tucked gal, such as Dolly, to do?  The answer, apparently, is fingerless gloves and elongated sleeves to cover the goblin hands.  I first noticed the gloves when Dolly was on The Daily Show promoting Joyful Noise last week.  Then, when I saw Joyful Noise yesterday, I noticed that Dolly's hands were covered in every single scene in which you could see her hands.

Below you'll find several examples of Dolly's attempt to obscure her old hands:












No comments:

Post a Comment