Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Observations from jury duty

I reported to district court for possible jury duty this morning.  Unfortunately, I wasn't selected to sit on the jury.  [Yes, I'm the sort of person who thinks jury duty is exciting.] 

However, I did walk away with a few notable observations.

  1. As I walked through the metal detector to enter the building, the security guard called me sir multiple times.  If you're unable to discern my gender during an ocular pat down, I have no faith in your ability to maintain safety.
  2. There appeared to be a disproportionate number of individuals with neck tattoos in and around the courthouse.  This begs the question:  Does criminal activity lead to neck tattoos, or do neck tattoos lead to criminal behavior?
  3. The defense attorney for today's trial appeared to be or have been some type of fighter.  He was a short, sinewy little guy with a missing incisor and a cauliflower ear.  I could not stop staring at his ear, so it may be a good thing that I wasn't selected to sit on the jury.

1 comment:

  1. "If you're unable to discern my gender during an ocular pat down, I have no faith in your ability to maintain safety."

    These days you can't do just assume someone's gender. lol

    ReplyDelete